Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Cat is a Demon

Recently, I had to go on a spontaneous trip to California because my grandfather was having a big surgery. I always have trouble taking trips due to my animals (two birds and a cat) but my friend was gracious enough to care for the birds, and my grandmother (who isn't married to the grandfather previously mentioned) offered to watch my cat. I was gone for about five days (including travel time). In the five days I was gone, my sweet little kitty became Satan's spawn.

Once a cat who enjoyed cuddles and kisses, his new personality was as feral as his big cat ancestors. Biting, spitting, scratching; things he did rarely (and he only ever hissed at strangers, never attacked) became the new norm. I have bruises and bite marks covering my arms from trying to control this newly wild animal.

I thought he could be trying to hide pain or illness, but it's very unlikely because he is the laziest cat I have ever met and follows his human companions like a shadow. If he was hurt it would have been noticed when the injury occurred, and him getting into something bad would have been, too.

Maybe he's mad I left him for so long, but he wasn't alone. Maybe he has a mental disorder (like anxiety problems) that was recently triggered.

But no.

In my mind, the only logical explanation was demonic possession that caused my cat to hate me.


 Why? I want to love you. Love me.




No comments:

Post a Comment